Sunday, May 16, 2010

Reader Contest!

As much as I simply like to write, I increasingly recognize writing as work. That impression is reinforced by writing exercises I’ve done from time to time. The way these exercises work is that you’re given a scenario and told to write something about the characters motivation, to develop a back story, or move the episode to an unexpected conclusion. It’s a lot tougher than I ever thought it would be.

But as misery loves company, here is today’s writing exercise, based on real life:

At 7 AM on a Saturday morning a physician walks into an Emergency Department. As he turns the corner to head towards his workplace, he sees a tall, sultry, dark-haired female nurse carrying a full plastic urinal in each hand and a younger, taller, and beefier male tech with his hands full of leather restraints walking side by side.

I need a minimum of 500 words. Best answers posted on The Blog. Begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment